The Jeff Ecker Hand Wrist Fellowship Program accepts international fellows and is based at Bethesda Hospital, Claremont in Western Australia.
The Jeff Ecker Hand Wrist Fellowship Program is an accredited AOA (Australian Orthopaedic Association), and accredited PFET (Post-Fellowship Educational and Training) program provided for specialists in training who want to gain further experience in hand and wrist surgery.
The fellow will receive one-on-one mentorship with hand & wrist surgeon, Mr Jeff Ecker, in both clinic and operative settings for a period of 6-months.
The fellow will be involved in all aspects of adult hand surgery, gaining experience in pre-operative, operative and post-operative management, exposed to various conditions and injuries, and immersed in the latest surgical techniques relevant to the hand and wrist. There is an emphasis on arthroscopic and complex wrist conditions.
The fellow will have active involvement in hand and wrist clinics, and routinely assist in surgery with both elective and trauma cases. Mr Ecker personally operates on approximately 750 to 800 cases per year.
Collaborating with Mr Ecker and his research team, the fellow will prepare and publish a minimum of one paper in a peer-reviewed journal during the program.
- Nationally/internationally trained specialist who has completed a fellowship in orthopaedics or plastic surgery, and has basic microsurgical and arthroscopic skills.
- Must be eligible to apply (or currently registered) to practice medicine in Australia, as recognised by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Must be registered with the Australian Orthopaedic Association (AOA), Royal Australian College of Surgeons (RACS), Medicare and Immigration.
- Advanced skills in the English language (competent in both oral and written as per the AHPRA registration standards).
- Obtain indemnity insurance and health insurance
How to apply:
- Complete the form on our website (https://www.jeffecker.com.au/fellowship-careers/); or
- Submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, with a motivation letter, and letters of recommendation from a minimum of 2 referees (dated within 12-months of your application) to:
Attention: Fellowship Program Coordinator
Please note applicants will undergo an application process which involves an interview with Mr Ecker. Placements are extremely competitive, so it is highly recommended that you apply for a position in advance.